Dean Norrie - Managing Director
20+ year's experience in residential & commercial building and construction industry, Qualified LBP licensed building practitioner Organised and resourceful, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff to achieve excellent results. Sound all round business acumen and strategic planning skills gained through developing small niche ventures into profitable enterprises. 7+ years self employed at NZ Tradies Ltd, has Sustained success by ensuring growth levels matched ability to maintain service levels. Motivated and hardworking, with the ability to adapt quickly to a wide range of working environments.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong and trusted strategic relationships with clients, business partners and stakeholders. Outstanding negotiating skills with excellent conflict resolution ability. Strong IT and MS Office literacy, with experience using a wide range of software packages.
What I can deliver?
• Plan delivery of a project
• Appointing and managing the design teams
• Representing the client’s interests
• Ensuring all aims of the project are met on time, within budget and to the client’s brief
• Providing advice on management of projects
• Carrying out risk assessment
• Strong analytical, conceptual thinking
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Reports on the project
• Using IT systems, which help keep track of progress
• Monitoring sub-contractors
My unique skill set.
•Licensed Building Practitioner: Carpentry (No. 128090)
• Current member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) which is the largest global membership association for project management professionals.
• In depth knowledge of the New Zealand Building Act & NZS 3604/2011 Building Code.
• Construction project management process e.g at what point to bring in what teams
• Management and leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to motivate people
• Organisational skills
• Analytical skills
• Numeracy skills
• IT skills including knowledge
• Full, clean driving license
"Dean Norrie is a person who exemplifies professionalism, energy, and enthusiasm in work. Dean develops a thorough understanding of each project and is driven to produce top results".
Ruth Petre - The Christchurch Star News Paper
2015 – Present Arrow International (NZ) Ltd www.arrowinternational.co.nz
Working Full time as Construction Project Manager on the Government funded Southern Response Project Christchurch Earthquake Rebuild - Repair Programme for AMI Insurance customers.
Residential repairs team project manager, responsible for 20+ residential projects at any one time. Managing multiple stakeholders, contractors and consultants ensure all projects adherence to the program, contract and cost negotiations, impeding design or construction problems, review scope of work, project documentation and site management.
• Manage multiple projects in various environments from design to handover and document finalisation to close out of completed project. Provide project oversight as well as strategic leadership for a wide array of assignments ranging in value from $400K to $900K with a total value of approximately $20 million.
• Reviewing and approving all project documentation including plans, engineering requirements, design specification, pricing summary, contracts, evaluation of Task Analysis and Site Specific Safety Plans.
• Manage multiple stakeholders from clients, designers, engineers and Main Contractors. Communicate any issues or updates with key stakeholder at various stages of the project
• Planning Progress meetings with various key stakeholders and ensure all action points and important discussions are noted. Take photos when necessary and store all files in the project database.
• Ensure all project timeline, cost, quality controls, environmental and health and safety requirements are met and delivered.
• Conduct 3 comprehensive Health and Safety audits per construction site ensuring that the main contractor and the sub-contractors are performing in a safe environment.
• Ensure projects and programs are executed as agreed process. Provide quality assurance
Inspections and ensure all council and consultant observations are signed off.
• Produce detailed defect lists at handover with professional follow up with clients on maintenance.
• Review and approve monthly progress claims and approve variation to contract with the QS.
• Articulate complex issues and difficult situations to senior members of the team or consultants.
"Dean has been involved in the tidy up of the Rover QA review and has managed to close out a large number of these over the past month. Thanks for your hard work on this which is over and above your core responsibilities with your portfolio”.
2014 – 2015 Fletcher EQR www.eqr.co.nz
Fixed term contract working on the Christchurch Earthquake Repair Programme - Project Managing repairs for over 65,000 peoples homes
2014 Property Solutions www.propertysolutionsgroup.co.nz
Temporary contract through Onestaff working as project manager for Property Solutions managing the Fletcher EQR repair programme.
2011 – 2014 NZ Tradies Ltd www.sleepoutz.co.nz
Self Employed working on various building projects i.e Home repair, Renovation, Alterations, New relocatable buildings (available for rental), Custom built sleepouts, Grany flats and portable office buildings.
2011 – 2014 Onestaff www.onestaff.co.nz
Carpenter / Commercial
Various short term building contracts with various building companies i.e Fletchers Construction, Leigh’s Construction, Consortium, Cook Brothers and others in between my own building projects.
Key Commercial Building Assignments:
PHOTOGRAPHY / HOSPITALITY SECTOR
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / CERTIFICATIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Carpentry / Construction
Health and Safety
Luke Thomson – Project Manager Fletcher Construction
Mob: (027) 703 7505
Graham Dennett – Project Manger Property Solutions
Mob: (021) 702 897
Warwick Neal – Project Manager Fletcher EQR Construction
Tel: (027) 702 7108
Call Dean on +64 21 505 161